Bible study‘s or Bible Reading Guides are available for many topics under two main areas:
How to Lead a Discovery Bible Reading
- Friends meet to read stories of Jesus (the gospel of Mark is a good start).
- One person prays: “Dear God, please guide us. Thank You.”
- Start at the beginning, reading one story at a time.
- Read each story through twice, then retell the story in your own words.
- Discuss the story using 5 questions:
- What is new?
- What surprises you?
- What don’t you understand?
- What will you obey or apply?
- What will you share with someone this week?
- Plan when to meet and read again.
- Pray for each other, something like: “Dear God, thank You for Your Word. Help us to follow You. Amen.”
YOUTH LEADERS MAGAZINE
Click here to download the latest issue or browse the archive of a great resource produced by the General Conference Youth Department
THE ADOLESCENT JOURNEY
Click here for a great video resource where leaders can gain insight into the The Adolescent Journey.
Youth ministry specialist Dr Nick Kross presents a two part introduction to the transition from childhood to adulthood and the importance faith communities in supporting this journey. Also available for download on the SPD Discipleship Vimeo page.
SENIOR YOUTH LEADER
Feel free to adapt the resource to your current environment where needed as this is a resource to be used by any youth leader through out the world.